Thursday, July 19, 2012

Gaming to re-engage boys in learning

I think that it is very interesting to think about the way that we limit the interests of boys in schools. From the beginning of the video, I wondered if the main issue was the fact that most elementary teachers are women. I have already noticed that I have a harder time relating to and understanding boys even with my limited teaching experience. My favorite point that the video makes is the fact that we need to design better educational games. I know many many boys who can give detailed descriptions of the games they have played including the story lines, and detailed descriptions of the process it takes to beat the game. If we could get them just as interested in games that are educational they can start to enjoy learning again.

No comments:

Post a Comment