Thursday, June 28, 2012

At a University Archive, Yesterday's Cutting-Edge Video Games Play On

This article is about the University of Texas's attempt to archive video games. I was actually surprised to hear that this is not a common practice. I agree that creating video games is a rising art form so I am glad that they are now beginning this archive. Video games have come a long way in my life time alone. When I was young, I played games on the Super Nintendo like Rampage, Duck Hunt, or Mario. Now I play Super Mario Galaxy and Kinect Sports. There is a huge advancement in the technology used in these video games and not only is it nostalgic for me to think about them but I think that it is in its own way, a picture of American Culture. To me, these video games should absolutely be archived.

No comments:

Post a Comment