Wednesday, June 13, 2012

Gamification

     Gamification can be a great way to engage students in learning. However, I do feel that there is a right and a wrong way to try to incorporate these game elements. Thinking as an elementary teacher, I worry that certain games or levels of competition may have negative effects on certain children. Elementary teachers should also pay attention to the types of games they play in the classroom as well because some will be more beneficial to young students than others will be. Aside from all this, incorporating games in a great way to get students excited and especially motivated. I love the idea of the software for teachers from Pepperdine University. I will most definitely use multiple forms of games in my future classroom.

No comments:

Post a Comment