Thursday, June 28, 2012

Educator's Guide to Cyberbullying and Cyberthreats

Cyberbullying is obviously a huge problem in schools today. As a future teacher, I already worry that I will not be able to completely prevent any types of bullying from occurring. This guide to cyberbullying gave me real insight into what is going on in schools. One thing that I think will be necessary is to educate children on how to react to cyberbullying. They need to know that if they are being threatened online, they need to tell someone. The scenarios in the guide often involved a student having weapons and if no one had said anything that individual could have killed a lot of people. My heart goes out to children who are the victims of bullying. This guide has helped me prepare for preventing this from happening in my classroom.

No comments:

Post a Comment