Wednesday, June 6, 2012

Web Literacy

After reading, "Why more schools aren't teaching web literacy--and how they can start" and "Web literacy: Where the Common Core meets common sense", I realize that it is impossible for students to acquire all the skills necessary to take full advantage of the internet on their own. As a future teacher, I believe it is my responsibility to teach my students what they need to know but until now I never considered the use of the internet a part of that responsibility probably because that was not a part of my curriculum in school. One of the strangest things for me to think about is how I learned the things that seem second nature to me but when I do I realize that I learned them because I was taught.  I now realize that it is my job to help teach my students this  skill because the internet is such an important resource that it is a waste not to be able to use it correctly.

No comments:

Post a Comment