Thursday, June 21, 2012

Children's Internet Protection Act

    I think that it is definitely time that teachers start teaching internet responsibility instead of overly restricting the internet in schools. That is not to say that nothing should be blocked from the student's view because there are plenty of things on the internet that are extremely inappropriate for children. However, these restrictions often go overboard. For example, when I was in high school, I spent an hour in the library every day. My senior year, I attempted to fill out scholarship forms online during this hour but found that many of the sites were blocked. I do think that it will be difficult at first to implement this teaching in schools, but it is extremely necessary. It is time to stop ignoring things like cyber bullying. Just because we block all possibilities of it happening during school hours does not mean that it is simply not our problem. I hope that this new legislation successfully addresses these problems.

No comments:

Post a Comment